One of my favorite things to do in life is to hop into a bed with crisp, clean sheets. Although I would love it, having my sheets washed every day just doesn’t happen. Oprah may have it like that, but unfortunately I wasn’t invited to the Favorite Things where she handed out free housekeepers who would strip my bed daily. “And YOU get a chambermaid! And YOU get a chambermaid!”
Fortunately, some smart person out there invented linen sprays. They are great for spritzing your sheets and other linens in between washings. The only problem is that we really don’t know how the synthetic fragrance and other ingredients will affect our bodies long term. And sleeping in unknown chemicals may smell good, but I would rather know exactly what’s in my linen spray.
Enter Wellness Mama! A woman who knows what we put on and in our bodies matters. I got this simple recipe for a room spray from her blog, and it is fantastic! Simply spray in between your sheets each morning when you make your bed, and make it feel as if Oprah gave you a chambermaid for Christmas, after all! And the best part is, you can customize the oils to your liking, while being confident that what you are sleeping in is safe.
- 24 drops Lavender essential oil.
- 36 drops Lemon essential oil.
- 30 drops Fir essential oil.
- 30 drops Cypress essential oil.
- 1 TBSP Vodka (if you’re not a drinker just grab a mini like the one in my pic)
- 6 oz Distilled Water.
- 8 oz glass spray bottle, (I got a 12 oz from Amazon and DOUBLED the recipe)
- Pour the water in as a last step to fill the bottle, and shake well.
Spray between washings, and enjoy! Do you have a favorite scent you would use to modify this recipe? Leave a comment below, I would love to try your combo!